The Reuse Center is now accepting donated gently used/like new men's and women's clothing.
Recycle Ann Arbor is contracted by the City of Ann Arbor to collect recyclables weekly at the curb from City of Ann Arbor residents, in a single-stream collection system.
Single-stream recycling allows all recyclables to be placed into one recycling bin without separating papers from containers. Single-stream recycling is easy and convenient, which encourages residents to recycle the most materials possible.
The City of Ann Arbor’s single-stream recycling system allows a wide variety of materials to be collected and recycled.
Acceptable materials include:
- Plastic bottles and tubs
- Plastic caps acceptable if screwed tight onto bottle
- Glass bottles and jars (any color)
- Labels may be left on
- Metal cans and foil
- Ball up aluminum foil
- Mixed paper (newspaper, magazines, junk mail, office paper)
- Boxboard & cardboard
- Please empty and flatten
- Cartons (i.e. broth & milk cartons)
- Look for "Aseptic" on the bottom of container
- Visit the Carton Council's website to learn more!
Tips for Single-Stream Recycling
- Review our Guide to Better Recycling to avoid the top 12 contaminants we see in the recycling carts.
- Carts must be out before 7 AM for pickup.
- All items must be empty and clean.
- Everything, including cardboard, must fit inside the cart with the lid closed, and the lid may not be secured shut.
- Place shredded paper in clear, sealed plastic bags.
- Place cart with metal lift bar facing the street.