UPDATE: Recycle Ann Arbor Reuse Center, Drop-Off Station, Recovery Yard and Main Office are CLOSED. Please call 662-6288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Curbside Recycling Collection will continue on your scheduled day. Read our complete Covid-19 Response under our latest news.
Recycle Ann Arbor is contracted by the City of Ann Arbor to collect recyclables weekly from City of Ann Arbor residents, in a single-stream collection system.
Single-stream recycling allows all recyclables to be placed into one recycling bin without separating papers from containers. Single-stream recycling is easy and convenient, which encourages residents to recycle the most materials possible.
The City of Ann Arbor’s single-stream recycling system allows a wide variety of materials to be collected and recycled.
Acceptable materials include:
- Plastic bottles and tubs
- plastic caps acceptable if screwed tight onto bottle
- Glass bottles and jars (any color)
- labels may be left on
- Metal cans and foil
- ball up aluminum foil
- Mixed paper
- Boxboard & cardboard
- please empty and flatten
- Cartons (i.e. broth & milk cartons)
- Visit the Carton Council's website to learn more!
Curbside Apartments Recycling Guide Overview
- All items must be empty and clean.
- Everything, including cardboard, must fit inside the cart with the lid closed, and the lid may not be secured shut.
- Empty and flatten boxes.
- Place shredded paper in clear, sealed plastic bags.