Currently we are only accepting single stream recyclables. We will announce a date soon for resuming full service drop off recycling service.
The Drop-Off Station is your one-stop location for all your waste and recycling needs
Serving residents and businesses located in Washtenaw County and beyond, the Drop-Off Station has an extensive range of services. Operated by Recycle Ann Arbor, a 501(c)3 non-profit, the Drop-Off Station receives no funding from local government and relies on fees paid by site users to maintain the services provided.
All customers using the waste and recycling services at the Drop-Off Station have to pay the site entrance fee; other fees are also levied depending upon the service being used.
Entrance Fees - other fees due depending upon service used, see price list for full details.
One day rates are available for infrequent users of services, the entry fee is only paid once per day. For customers who will make regular and frequent trips to the Drop-Off, we recommend that a ten-visit punch pass or annual pass is purchased. The punch and annual passes cover ONLY the entrance fee, other fees are still payable by the customer. An annual pass entitles the customer to 5% off their general waste fees during the year.
- Standard car per day $3.00
- Large vehicle per day $12.00
- 10 visit punch pass standard $25.00
- 10 visit punch pass large vehicle $100.00
- Standard annual pass $75.00
- Large vehicle annual pass $150.00
Recycle Ann Arbor tries to keep the cost of recycling as low as possible and so does not charge additional fees for many of the items brought to the Drop-Off Station.
For the $3 fee customers can recycle:
- Glass food and beverage containers
- Up to 3 bags of textiles
- Automotive and rechargeable batteries
- Up to 5 gallons of motor oil
- Up to 5 gallons of vegetable oil
- Oil filters
- Plastic bags
Additional Fees are charged for certain services and items, these include but are not limited to:
- General waste, including furniture, construction debris, and concrete
- Yard waste, branches, leaves, grass clippings, etc.
- Electronics and bulbs
- Compost, woodchip and mulch sales
- Delivery, pickup and trailer rental
- Packaging materials and sales
- Secure document and hard drive destruction
Download a copy of our current price list for full information on charges.
The Drop-Off Station DOES NOT ACCEPT
- Oil-based paint or varnish
- Alkaline, single use, batteries
- Liquids other than motor and vegetable oil
- Food waste
- Asbestos containing materials
- Soil, dirt, or turf
- Logs and branches over 8 inches wide
- Tree stumps and roots
- Deceased livestock or pets.
Things To Know
- Motor oil and antifreeze must be in a strong, secure bottle to prevent leaks and spillages. No mixed fluids are accepted.
- Vegetable oil only. No animal based fats or mixed fats accepted.
- Light bulbs must not be taped or tied together.
- PETS and CHILDREN under 13 years old must stay in the vehicle AT ALL TIMES.
- Staff can refuse any material deemed unsuitable.
- For further information on the site operation, and how to save time and money go to waste & recycling options.
- Information on compost, mulch and wood chip can be found here.
- Trailer services, delivery, pickup, and trailer rental information here.
- Other services including packaging materials and secured document disposal here.