UPDATE: Recycle Ann Arbor Reuse Center, Drop-Off Station, Recovery Yard and Main Office are CLOSED. Please call 662-6288 or email email@example.com with questions. Curbside Recycling Collection will continue on your scheduled day. Read our complete Covid-19 Response under our latest news.
Recycle Ann Arbor is contracted by the City of Ann Arbor to collect recyclables weekly from City of Ann Arbor businesses, in a single-stream collection system. The City of Ann Arbor ordinance Chap. 26, 2:5 requires that all Ann Arbor businesses participate in the city’s recycling program.Business recycling is provided at no additional cost, because it is funded through your City of Ann Arbor taxes.
For new businesses, please contact 734.662.6288 ext 113. Businesses in the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) of Ann Arbor are serviced by the City of Ann Arbor and should call 734.994.2807 to set-up service.
The City of Ann Arbor’s single-stream recycling system allows a wide variety of materials to be collected and recycled. Single-stream recycling is easy and convenient, which encourages businesses to recycle the most materials possible.
Acceptable materials include:
- Plastic bottles and tubs
- plastic caps acceptable if screwed tight onto bottle
- Glass bottles and jars (any color)
- labels may be left on
- Metal cans and foil
- ball up aluminum foil
- Mixed paper
- Boxboard & cardboard
- please empty and flatten
- Cartons (i.e. broth & milk cartons)
- Visit the Carton Council's website to learn more!
Curbside Business Recycling Guide Overview
- All items must be empty and clean.
- Everything, including cardboard, must fit inside the cart with the lid closed, and the lid may not be secured shut.
- Empty and flatten boxes.
- Place shredded paper in clear, sealed plastic bags.
- For businesses in the City of Ann Arbor, we can often schedule a one-time (free) extra pick-up of cardboard. Additional extra pick-ups may be arranged for a fee. Call to schedule.