All Divisions of Recycle Ann Arbor will be closed on Monday, May 29th, to observe Memorial Day. Curbside Recycle Carts will be delayed by one day through Saturday.
Recycle Ann Arbor is contracted by the City of Ann Arbor to collect recyclables weekly from City of Ann Arbor residents, in a single-stream collection system.
Single-stream recycling allows all recyclables to be placed into one recycling bin without separating papers from containers. Single-stream recycling is easy and convenient, which encourages residents to recycle the most materials possible.
The City of Ann Arbor’s single-stream recycling system allows a wide variety of materials to be collected and recycled.
Acceptable materials include:
- Plastic bottles and tubs
- plastic caps acceptable if screwed tight onto bottle
- Glass bottles and jars (any color)
- labels may be left on
- Metal cans and foil
- ball up aluminum foil
- Mixed paper
- Boxboard & cardboard
- please empty and flatten
- Cartons (i.e. broth & milk cartons)
- Visit the Carton Council's website to learn more!
Curbside Apartments Recycling Guide Overview
- All items must be empty, clean, and dry.
- Everything, including cardboard, must loosely fit inside the cart with the lid closed, and the lid may not be secured shut.
- Empty and flatten boxes.